It’s important to know if your appraiser is qualified for your needs. Here are some suggested interview questions:
- What is your general appraisal and education background?
- What specific experience do you have with the kind of property to be appraised?
- Are you a member of a professional appraisal society? If so, does that society teach, test, and accredit?
- Do you hold a special designation issued by an appraisal society?
- Is that designation based on successfully completing written examinations?
- How long ago did you take the examination?
- What continuing education have you undertaken to keep up-to-date in the field?
- What do you charge for your service and how do you base your fee?